Our Mission...enriching the lives of those within our reach through education, training, and cultural activities.
BRCC will continue to provide programs of excellence in academics and training that foster economic vitality in our community. Our College will lead by example with our partners in business, industry, and education to improve the quality of life for the people we serve by:
- promoting instructional excellence in all program areas,
- serving the lifelong learning needs for all citizens,
- expanding and enhancing programs to meet the evolving needs of our community,
- working closely with business and industry to train a competent workforce,
- strengthening partnerships to advance the mission of the College,
- enhancing customer service to all who come our way,
- increasing the retention and success of our students,
- increasing community awareness of the programs of the College,
- infusing appropriate technologies for problem solving and enhanced program delivery,
- developing a multi-culturally competent citizenry, and
- developing responsive and effective education programs.
We value excellence in teaching, training, and student-centered learning.
We open our doors to all who seek knowledge and a better life through academic growth and development.
We value the diversity of all people and will make our programs accessible to all learners regardless of disabilities or physical challenges.
We believe that our faculty, staff, and administration should conduct themselves with the highest integrity in the classroom and beyond.
We will be candid and supportive with our students in the assessment of their skills and their progress on the journey toward knowledge.
We will be responsive to the changing needs of our community by providing targeted programming that improves the skills, knowledge, and economic progress of our workforce.
We will be the champions of innovation, ever vigilant for opportunities to improve the delivery and quality of instruction through changes in technology and educational research.
As a public educational institution, our faculty and staff are accountable to the people we serve to deliver the best programs possible to enrich the lives of those within our reach. Our students are accountable to their instructors to strive for improvement and demonstrate the mastery of identified, measurable educational objectives in every class attended.
These are the values of Blue Ridge Community College that guide our behavior and frame our dreams. As your community college, we pledge to demonstrate these values in all that we do and say as we work in partnership to make our community a better place in which to live and work.
2011 BRCC College-wide Goals
1. Improve student learning and achievement by:
- Increasing student enrollment, retention, and degree attainment
- Expanding programs that serve high school students
- Making more programs available through distance learning
- Strengthening partnerships with other educational institutions
- Emphasizing success in developmental courses
2. Pursue excellence in teaching by:
3. Promote the College’s leadership role in the community by:
- Employing the best instructional technologies
- Integrating essential workplace skills into all college courses
- Strengthening working relationships among College faculty and staff
- Facilitating professional development opportunities for faculty and staff
- Aligning with economic development agencies to strengthen the economic vitality of the community and the local workforce
- Increasing the community’s awareness of the College and its programs
- Making environmental sustainability a priority for College operations, programs, and activities
Blue Ridge Community College is an equal opportunity institution, which makes no distinction in the admission of students or in any activities on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation.