Distance Learning is for students who cannot come to campus or prefer a flexible schedule.
"I am the mother of a 20-month-old girl, and because I am a stay-at-home mom, online classes are a necessity. I would not be able to maintain a full-time status if I didn't have the opportunity to take online courses." - TP
Students who succeed are highly motivated self-starters. They are goal oriented, manage their time well, and have active reading skills. Not sure if Distance Learning is for you? Take the following assessment.
- Online courses toward a degree or transfer Academic Credit
- Before you sign up, check out the online Course Requirements Outlines (CROs)
- New to studying online? Visit New To Distance Learning
- Note: DL courses run on the BRCC Academic calendar and have regular deadlines.
BRCC Offers the following fully Online PROGRAMS*
- Accounting: Associate in Applied Science Degree Program (A25100)
- Basic Accounting: Certificate (C25100B)
- Business Administration/Marketing and Retailing: Associate in Applied Science (A2512F)
- Business Administration/Marketing and Retailing: Diploma (D2512F)
- Criminal Justice Latent Evidence: Associate in Applied Science (A5518A)
- Fire Protection Technology: Associate in Applied Science (A555240)
- Fire Protection: Diploma (D55240)
- Fire Protection: Certificate (C55240)
- Early Childhood Education: Infant Toddler Certificate (C55290)
*Developmental courses are not available online.
Blue Ridge Community College participates in the Southern Regional Education Board’s Electronic Campus. Out of state students can locate information regarding Student Services (admissions, registration, fees, counseling, etc.) under Student Support for Distance Learners.
Consumer Information for all students is located on our website at http://www.blueridge.edu/node/8781, and specific information regarding State Authorization including the Student Complaint policy for out of state online students is also located on our site at http://www.blueridge.edu/node/9247.
Additional information for individual online courses or Course Requirement Outlines (CRO’s) are listed by the semester at: http://jeeter.blueridge.edu/cro_reports/cro_reports.php
How To View Online Courses Offered
To view all online courses and seats available in "real time:"
- Go to WebAdvisor
- Click "Students"
- Click "Search for Sections" (under "Registration" on the right)
- Choose the "Term"
- Near the bottom, choose "Location: Internet-Based Course" and "Academic Level: Curriculum"
- Click "Submit" to see all fully online courses and the seat availability
Online Continuing Education Courses Promote Professional Growth
"Your Distance Learning has been a lifesaver. I am a police officer from Elizabethtown, North Carolina and am currently in the military in Afghanistan. I was not able to take the mandated in-service training in person. Your online program is making it possible for me to serve my country overseas." - RG, Jalalabad Regional Commander
Some Continuing Education Courses Offered Online
New to Moodle?
Get up to speed with the
Student Guide to Moodle
Summer Term 2016 Hours
Monday through Thursday,
7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
BRCC is closed on Fridays
through July 22.
Evenings & Weekends
24/7 Support (Toll Free)