For students who cannot come to campus or prefer a flexible schedule
Blue Ridge Community College online courses utilize the Internet, Interactive Television (video-conferencing), computers, audio, and some printable materials designed especially for independent study.
Tuition and Fees for online courses at BRCC are the same as traditional or seated courses.
Distance Learning Requirements & Competencies
Before you enroll in an online course, you should be comfortable demonstrating basic computer operation and internet skills. Students who succeed are highly motivated self-starters. They are goal oriented, manage their time well, and have active reading skills. See our required computer, technical, and study skills under Course Requirements.
Distance Learners should be able to:
- Communicate well in writing
- Effectively manage your time
If you take a distance-learning course, you are responsible for the following:
- Reading assigned materials and being prepared to discuss them in an online discussion forum or Wiki
- Completion of all reading assignments and exercises required to pass this course.
- Communicating often with your instructor
Not sure if Distance Learning is for you? Take the following assessment.
|Are You Ready for Distance Learning?|
Types of Online Course Instruction:
- Internet (IN) fully online
- Hybrid (HY) meets in class and some work online
- WebBased (WB) meets in class and supplemented by online documents
- ITV Interactive Television (IH) meets in Interactive TV room usually with online component
|Learn more about fully online programs offered at BRCC|
Out of State Students
Out of state students can locate information regarding Student Services (admissions, registration, fees, counseling, etc.) under Student Support for Distance Learners.
BRCC provides full disclosure of all Consumer Information, and specific information regarding State Authorization including the Student Complaint policy for out of state online students. Find additional information for individual online courses under Course Requirement Outlines (CRO’s).
Online Continuing Education Courses Promote Professional Growth
From workplace training to leisure and recreation, Blue Ridge Community College provides affordable and accessible education.
Some Continuing Education Options
|View Administrative Office Hours|
Distance Learning Specialist
24/7 Support (Toll Free)