Medical Assistant Entry Level
Blue Ridge Community College offers a continuing education program for Medical Assistant Entry Level. The program schedule and enrollment requirements are outlined on this page.
This course is designed to teach the basics of the three aspects of Medical Assisting: Clinical, Administrative and Laboratory. Course work includes instruction in scheduling appointments, insurance coding and billing, medical transcription, computer operations, assisting with examinations/treatments, performing routine laboratory procedures and ethical and legal issues. Upon completion, students will be eligible to apply for the national certification exam.
(200 hours /20 CEU's)
Healthcare Program Information
Henderson County Registration:
Healthcare classes are held at two locations:
45 Oak Park Drive, Brevard, NC 28712
Transylvania County Registration
|September 17 to December 17, 2018||M Tu W||8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.||Transylvania County Campus||TRCT 220|
To be paid at registration:
- Registration fee $266.30 (includes $1.30 accident insurance) payable to Blue Ridge Community College.
- Textbook available at the College Bookstore. Cost varies. Contact the College Bookstore at (828) 694-1720.
- ID Tag: $10 (available at the College Bookstore)
**Have copies of #1-#5 at time of registration
1. A current CPR card
2. The student must be 18 years old.
3. The student must have a high school diploma or GED
4. ID’S required:
A. Signed Social Security Card (cannot be laminated), or letter from Social Security Office.
B. Current Driver’s License or government-issued picture ID. Names must match
5. Completed registration form
Payment of the $266.30 registration fee (includes $1.30 accident insurance) payable to Blue Ridge Community College. These fees are non-transferable to another course. If a student officially withdraws from the course before the 10% point, 75% of the registration fee can be refunded. Please note this does not include the accident and liability insurance fees, or supply fee.
- For verification purposes, when registering, student must present necessary ID, all paperwork and payment.
- If the College closes early due to weather or other circumstances, call 694-1700 for information.
- Scholarship packets must be picked up at and returned with two letters of recommendation to the NCWorks Office.
- Upon acceptance into the program the student must purchase ID Badge from the bookstore, located in the William D. Killian Building, prior to the first class session.
The Director of Disability Services may be reached at 694-1813 or in the David W. Sink, Jr. Building, room 127.
For more information:
Blue Ridge Community College
Healthcare Program Office
Dean, Health Sciences and Emergency Services