Brush up on your Phlebotomy skills, earn CEUs for license renewals and become CPT certified.
- Perform basic phlebotomy procedures
- Evaluate patients for ability to withstand venipuncture procedure
- Explain the venipuncture procedure and answer patient questions
- Perform basic point of care testing, such as blood glucose levels on patients
- Prepare blood, urine and other body fluid specimens for testing according to established standards
- 3.0 CEU’s for license renewal
- NHA Certification exam administered at the end of class - additional cost $115
Healthcare Program Information
Henderson County Registration:
Registration for these programs is done in-person Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (closed 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. for lunch) at the Henderson County Campus 180 W. Campus Dr. Flat Rock, NC in the Continuing Education Building, Room 123. To contact the program assistant call (828) 694-1750.
Healthcare classes have moved
Transylvania County Registration
On the first Thursday of each month from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and third Tuesday of each month from 1 to 4 p.m. registration is held at the Transylvania County Campus in Straus Building Student Welcome Center. To contact the program assistant call (828) 694-1750.
|to be announced||
- To be paid at registration:
- Registration fee $231.30 (includes $1.30 accident insurance and textbook/materials) payable to Blue Ridge Community College.
Required for Registration:
Proof is required at time of registration.
1. must be 18 years old
2. phlebotomist or CMA with one year work experience, documented
3. RN, EMT, LPN, EMS, PA
4. high school diploma or GED
5. government issued picture ID
6. Completed registration form and the $231.30 registration fee
7. Student ID Tag: $10 (available at the College Bookstore)
If a student officially withdraws from the course before the 10% point, 75% of the registration fee can be refunded. Please note this does not include the insurance, textbook and material fee.
The Director of Disability Services may be reached at 694-1813 or in the David W. Sink, Jr. Building, room 127.
For more information:
Blue Ridge Community College
Healthcare Program Office
Allied Health Director