Brush up on your Phlebotomy skills, earn CEUs for license renewals and become CPT certified.
- Perform basic phlebotomy procedures
- Evaluate patients for ability to withstand venipuncture procedure
- Explain the venipuncture procedure and answer patient questions
- Perform basic point of care testing, such as blood glucose levels on patients
- Prepare blood, urine and other body fluid specimens for testing according to established standards
- 3.0 CEU’s for license renewal
- NHA Certification exam administered at the end of class - additional cost $115
Healthcare Program Information
Henderson County Registration:
Healthcare classes are held at two locations:
45 Oak Park Drive, Brevard, NC 28712
Transylvania County Registration
|to be announced||
- To be paid at registration:
- Registration fee $231.30 (includes $1.30 accident insurance and textbook/materials) payable to Blue Ridge Community College.
Required for Registration:
Proof is required at time of registration.
1. must be 18 years old
2. phlebotomist or CMA with one year work experience, documented
3. RN, EMT, LPN, EMS, PA
4. high school diploma or GED
5. government issued picture ID
6. Completed registration form and the $231.30 registration fee
7. Student ID Tag: $10 (available at the College Bookstore)
If a student officially withdraws from the course before the 10% point, 75% of the registration fee can be refunded. Please note this does not include the insurance, textbook and material fee.
The Director of Disability Services may be reached at 694-1813 or in the David W. Sink, Jr. Building, room 127.