Healthcare Billing and Coding
This course prepares an individual for entry level healthcare billing and coding positions. Course topics can include but are not limited to the roles and responsibilities of this position, managed health care, life cycle of an insurance claim, legal and regulatory considerations, coding regulations, re-imbursement issues claim instructions, medical terminology, filing commercial claims, insurance plans.
To provide educational opportunities to individuals that will enable them to obtain the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to succeed as a Healthcare Billing and Coding Employee and pass the state certification exam.
|January 2 to March 7, 2018||Tu W||9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.||Transylvania County Campus||TRCT 204|
Online class available
Distance Learning (online) class, 24 hours/ 8 week session
To register, go to www.ed2go.com/blueridge or call Olga Gonzalez at (828) 694-1742.
- To be paid at registration:
- Registration Fee: $180
- Insurance: $1.30
- Textbook / Materials: $80
- IT fee: $5
- ID Tag: $10 (available at the College Bookstore)
Must show proof at time of registration:
- The student must be 18 years old
- The student must have a high school diploma or GED
- The student must have a government issued picture ID
- Completion of a Medical Terminology class
- Completed registration form and the $266.30 registration fee. If a student officially withdraws from the course before the 10% point, 75% of the registration fee can be refunded. Please note: this does include the insurance, textbook and material fee.
Registration is taken at the Continuing Education Building, Room 123 (across the hall from NC Works) Monday-Friday 8-4 (closed 11-12 for lunch). 828-694-1750
Scholarship applications at NC Works office
The Director of Disability Services may be reached at 694-1813 or in the David W. Sink, Jr. Building, room 127.
For more information:
Blue Ridge Community College
Health Care Program Office
Allied Health Director