Medical Administrative Assistant Prep/Review
The Medical Administrative Assistant Prep/Review will review how to keep healthcare offices running efficiently and effectively. The CMAA student will review computers, answering calls, scheduling, appointments, greeting patients and family, maintain and update files, coordinate and educate patients regarding procedures. National Certification Exam administered at BRCC.
The Health Care Program at Blue Ridge Community College is an approved testing site for The National Healthcareer Association and will proctor the certifying exam for students completing this review class.
Prerequisites: This 70-hour class is designed for individuals who have a minimum of one year supervised health care or office experience documented on letterhead or an approved completed course of study with transcripts. High school diploma/GED.
Healthcare Program Information
Henderson County Registration:
Registration for these programs is done in-person Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (closed 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. for lunch) at the Henderson County Campus 180 W. Campus Dr. Flat Rock, NC in the Continuing Education Building, Room 123. To contact the program assistant call (828) 694-1750.
Healthcare classes have moved
Transylvania County Registration
On the first Thursday of each month from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and third Tuesday of each month from 1 to 4 p.m. registration is held at the Transylvania County Campus in Straus Building Student Welcome Center. To contact the program assistant call (828) 694-1750.
Registration now open
|August 29 to November 7, 2017||Tu Th||5:30 to 9 p.m.||Health Sciences Center||HSCB 3023|
To be paid at registration:
- Registration fee $266.30 (includes $1.30 accident insurance) payable to Blue Ridge Community College.
Textbooks will be distributed at the first class session.
Students should wear comfortable, casual, proper attire to class.
Cell phones are not allowed in class. A student will be asked to leave if cell phone is used.
Policies for this class follow the BRCC Student Guidelines.
Students missing more than five hours of class will be automatically dropped with no refund.
There are no medical prerequisites for this program.
Must show proof at time of registration for the following:
- The student must be 18 years old
- The student must have a minimum of one year supervised health care or office experience documented on letterhead or an approved completed course of study with transcripts.
- The student must have a high school diploma or GED
- IDs required:
A. Signed Social Security Card (cannot be laminated), or letter from Social Security Office.
B. Current Driver’s License or government-issued picture ID. Names must match.
- Completed registration form and the $266.30 registration fee. If a student officially withdraws from the course before the 10% point, 75% of the registration fee can be refunded. Please note this does not include the insurance, textbook and material fee
- Student ID Tag: $10 (available at the College Bookstore)
The Director of Disability Services may be reached at 694-1813 or in the David W. Sink, Jr. Building Room 127.
For more information:
Blue Ridge Community College
Healthcare Program Office
Allied Health Director