Education: Early Childhood and School-Age
Start your career in Education today
If you have a passion for nurturing young minds and enriching the lives of children,
About the Program
Both our Early Childhood and School Age Education programs are accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). Students will apply their learned theories in real-life school settings. Curricula includes coursework in child growth and development, physical/nutritional needs of children, care and guidance of children, and communication skills with parents and children. Students learn to foster the cognitive/language, physical/motor, social/emotional and creative development of children.
Not only do we provide a hands-on learning experience, we make it easy for you to obtain your two-year degree in Education.
- convenient: Achieve an Early Childhood or School-Age Education degree all online or a combination of online and in-person instruction.
- affordable: Already employed in the childcare workforce? Explore financial opportunities under the North Carolina TEACH scholarship program.
- qualified: Our Education pathways are accredited by the NAEYC. Both programs offer great articulation agreements with four-year schools. The Early Childhood Education Degree program has a new 2+2 transfer agreement with all North Carolina Universities (UNC System).
|View Degrees, Diplomas, & Certificates|
Graduates are prepared to plan and implement developmentally appropriate programs in early childhood settings. Both programs have great articulation agreements with 4-year schools where graduates can continue their studies in either a Birth to Kindergarten (BK) degree program, Elementary Education or Special Education program. Employment opportunities include child development and childcare programs, preschools, public and private schools, recreational centers, Head Start Programs, and school-age programs, to name a few.
The Early Childhood and School-Age Associate programs are accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
Degrees, Diplomas & Certificates
|View Program Requirements for Degrees, Diplomas, & Certificates|
- Early Childhood Education: Associate in Applied Science Degree
- Career Entry Pathway
- B-K Licensure Transfer Pathway
- Early Education Non-Licensure Transfer Pathway
- Early Childhood Education - Infant and Toddler: Certificate
- Early Childhood Education – Preschool: Certificate Program
- Early Childhood Education – Administration: Certificate Program
- Education–Infant and Toddler: Career and College Promise Certificate Program (High School Students)
- Education–Preschool: Career and College Promise Certificate Program (High School Students)