High School Counselors
Through Career and College Promise, Blue Ridge Community College is able to reach out to area students to provide transfer, career, and training opportunities not available at their high schools. For some students it may mean registering for a transfer class rather than an unweighted class.
Or exploring a law enforcement career by enrolling in a criminal justice class.
Or enrolling in automotive or mechatronics to plan for a rewarding and high-paying job right out of high school.
Or participating in Young Engineers Experience and tour area industries and four-year colleges preparing for a career in engineering.
Think of Blue Ridge as another option for your students.
Advantages of Career and College Promise
- Tuition-Free Classes
- Transfer Classes with Honors Credit
- Career Exploration
- Training Opportunities for Higher Paying Jobs
Other Blue Ridge Resources Available to Counselors
- Catalog and Student Handbook
- Blue Ridge Community College Educational Foundation Scholarships
- Career and College Promise Guidelines
- Career and College Promise Career and Technical Education Pathway and Forms
- Career and College Promise Core 44 College Transfer Pathway and Forms
- Curriculum Course Schedule
- Regional Articulation Career Education (RACE)
Career Coach helps students and teachers search for information about careers by providing the most current local data on wages, employment, job postings, and associated education and training.