|In 1980, we set out with a simple goal: brew the beers we wanted to drink. We started small, with a homebrew shop, a love of American hops and plenty of passion. In the process, we changed the beer world forever. Decades later, we're still at it, and the passion burns brighter than ever.
At Sierra Nevada, our mission is simple: quality, craftsmanship and flavor in everything we do. So while it's essential in our beer, that spirit rings true beyond the brewhouse. The Sierra Nevada foothills have long offered an outstanding quality of life to our employees, and we believe Mills River will do the same. Whether it's access to some of the best outdoor recreation around, the great craft beer culture, or the wonderful sense of community, we couldn't imagine a better place to build a second brewery and welcome aboard new talent. We're thrilled you're interested in joining our team.
Sierra Nevada Brewers are responsible for the production of our award-winning beers and the operation of our state-of-the-art Brewery. This position requires a comprehensive understanding of raw materials handling, Brewhouse operations, Cellar management, and Filtration procedures. Candidates must share Sierra Nevada's commitments to Quality, Brewery Sanitation, Best Practices, Safety, and Continuous Improvement.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Brewers will work in the Brewhouse, Cellar, and Filtration areas across all shifts on a rotational basis.
- Expert level understanding of both Brewing - Cellaring, and Filtration processes is strongly desired.
- Expert level skills working with automated processes interface as well as manual Brewery operations is strongly desired.
- Production team members are expected to share in all production duties and responsibilities, and have a commitment to being part of a team dynamic. Strong organizational, communication, and record keeping skills are necessary.
- Good people skills and professional demeanor for building strong team relationships and occasional public relations is desired.
- The skill to quickly assess the status of operations and troubleshoot processes is strongly desired.
- The ability to multitask and a strong attention to detail is desired.
- The ability to work unsupervised and make critical decisions.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- A Diploma or Certificate in Brewing or Fermentation Science or related field from an accredited institution, or a combination of professional education and experience are strongly desired.
- Professional experience in the areas of Brewing, Cellar operations, and Filtration is strongly desired (SNBCo is committed to provide additional training and continuous improvement opportunities to employees in all areas).
- An understanding of standard brewery equipment and the ability to troubleshoot and perform basic upkeep and maintenance is strongly desired.
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work at Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- The selected candidate must pass a contingent offer pre-employment background check and physical.
- This is a full-time position, scheduled to work at least 40 hours per week.
- Work schedule requires the ability to rotate through three shifts (early, swing, and night shifts), including week-ends and holidays.
Successful completion of the ACT WorkKeys Assessments is required.
*Applications will be accepted until Midnight PST (9 PM EST) on Sunday, March 17, 2013*
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co is an Equal Opportunity Employer