Work-Based Learning / Internships: Automotive Systems Technology
Real World Education Works!
Blue Ridge Community College works with numerous employers to ensure that our students gain valuable learning experiences in real-world settings. Through the internship experience, students not only apply the skills learned in the classrooms and labs, but they also gain an understanding of the industry that can only be found on the job. Consider how your company can benefit from an student/employee pipeline designed to offer you well trailed short-term employees that you have the opportunity to make sure fit your culture and business need.
Automotive Systems Technology
Automotive Systems Technology course and lab work emphasizes:
- Prepares individuals for employment as entry-level transportation service technicians.
- This program is NATEF (National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation) accredited training to the MAST (Master Automotive Service Technician) level.
- Engine repair, engine performance
- Electrical/electronic systems
- Drive trains, transmission/transaxles
- Braking systems
Paid and Non-paid WBL / Internships
To discuss WBL/Internships further or request participation in the program please contact:
Work-Based Learning Director or call (828) 694-1734.
Work-Based Learning Director