Admissions Guide for New Students
Blue Ridge Community College follows an "open-door" admissions policy which means admission requirements are minimal. The basic steps for becoming an officially enrolled student in a degree, diploma, or certificate program include:
Program of Study
Complete the Blue Ridge Community College
Returning Student Form
Have official copies of
High School, GED/Adult High School, and College Transcripts
mailed to the registrar's office
Pre-Enrollment Placement Test
, if necessary
- Meet with your faculty advisor to select courses
Register online via
tuition and fees
books and supplies
Attend one of the
New Student Orientation
(online students also need to attend a distance learning orientation)
Admissions Counselors are available in Student Services 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:00a.m. until 4:30 p.m. on Friday. Evening hours are available by appointment. Call (828) 694-1800 for more information.
Allied Health programs have additional admissions requirements. These programs include:
*Special Credit (non-degree seeking) students are not required to provide transcripts or take the Pre-enrollment Placement Test unless taking courses with English or math prerequisites.
Other Information You Might Find Useful
- many students receive financial aid while in school. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid and Foundation Scholarship applications are available in Student Services. Be sure to apply early!
- The JobLink Career Center in the Continuing Education Building (694-1755) provides career counseling.
- provides assistance to students with documented disabilities. contact our Disability Services office in the Sink Building or by phone at (828) 694-1813.
- provides counseling staff to serve as a support system for multi-cultural students. contact the Director of Minority Services in Student Services or by phone at (828) 694-1808.
- provides support for students who have completed courses at another college or university who wish to transfer those credits and students who wish to complete courses at Blue Ridge and transfer to another college.
- International Student have special requirements that govern their status.
North Carolina Residency
- Residency requirements for in-state tuition.