COVID-19 Self-Reporting Form
August 25 Update:
Mask Requirement Effective Thursday, Aug. 26
Blue Ridge Community College believes that the best way to serve its students is through in-person courses. Moving to an all-virtual environment is not effective for teaching and learning. Therefore, Blue Ridge will continue to offer in-person classes, utilizing masking as an effective means of slowing transmission. Effective Thursday, August 26, 2021, Blue Ridge Community College will require all students, faculty, staff, vendors, contractors, and visitors to wear masks indoors. Our goal is to maintain in-person learning and avoid reverting to all online classes. We are confident that this measure will allow us to accomplish that goal.
Masks are not required outdoors, as long as a minimum of six feet of social distancing can be maintained. The College encourages social distancing where possible and consistently maintains high levels of sanitation and disinfection throughout our campus.
As it has been all along, this current situation could change quickly and our guidelines are subject to change. As the situation improves and the number of positive cases decreases, the College will reevaluate the mask requirement.
Remember, please do not come to campus when ill or exhibiting COVID-like symptoms. Please continue to report if exposed, tested, or diagnosed with COVID using the COVID-19 Self-Reporting Form found on the College website and notifying your instructor(s). The reporting form is easily accessible by clicking on the red button at the top of our website.
Thank you for your attention to this requirement and we look forward to a great Fall Semester at Blue Ridge Community College.
August 4 Update:
What to Expect for Fall Semester
Blue Ridge Community College will operate at full capacity this fall, with the majority of classes being offered on-campus as well as many online. We intend to begin the semester operating in a way that mirrors pre-pandemic times as much as possible. Nevertheless, we want everyone to be as safe as they can be while on campus.
Below you will find what to expect for Fall Semester.
- Vaccines are not required for employees or students. The only time the College will ask for a student’s vaccination status is if they test positive or they are exposed to COVID-19. Our self-reporting form will display this question. This will help public health officials advise us about quarantine times and determine the College’s response. This information will be held confidentially.
- Do NOT come to campus if you are sick, have a known exposure, or have tested positive for COVID-19.
- COVID-19 reporting is important to Blue Ridge Community College to help us provide an effective learning environment while ensuring everyone’s safety. Whether attending classes/labs on campus or not, all students need to report any COVID-19 related incidents. Please report if exposed, tested, or diagnosed with COVID using the COVID-19 Self-Reporting Form found on our website and notifying your instructor via email. The reporting form is easily accessible from on- or off-campus by clicking on the red button at the top of our website.
- Students will not be asked to disclose their vaccination status (except in the instance cited above) or why they are or are not wearing a face covering. This is private information and will be respected at all times. Please be considerate as our employees and students make their own decisions about how to continue to protect themselves on campus.
- We are in frequent communication with state and local public health officials. If they provide updated guidance, we will provide an email update as well as update our COVID-19 webpage.
- Thank you for your attention to this information and please feel free to direct your questions to your instructor or the Vice President for Student Services.
Helpful COVID-19 information and guidance:
COVID-19 Case Dashboard
The dashboard is updated every Friday no later than 11 a.m.
Update: September 24, 2021; 11 a.m.
Cases by Campus: September 17 – 23, 2021
|Students on Campus||Employees on Campus||Total|
|Henderson County Campus||0||1||1|
|Transylvania County Campus||1||0||1|
|Health Sciences Center||0||0||0|
Total COVID-19 Cases at Blue Ridge Community College
January 4 – September 23, 2021
|Number of Cases|
|Students on Campus||51|
|Employees on Campus||18|