Richard Grissom on Nursing at Blue Ridge Community College

Marketing & Communications Dept.

Meet registered nurse Richard Grissom of Asheville’s Mission Health in Blue Ridge Community College’s latest nursing graduate video story. A Blue Ridge graduate, Grissom works in Mission Hospital’s Medical Intensive Care Unit, fulfilling his personal mission of helping others.

“By far, the best way that I could imagine doing that, is by doing what I do today,” he said.

Grissom chose Blue Ridge’s nursing program after hearing from colleagues that it was one of the best available.

“I know nurses that say that they would rather work next to a Blue Ridge student than almost any other school,” he said.

Richard Grissom now remembers his years at Blue Ridge fondly, recalling that the nursing faculty were very supportive and encouraging while helping him to reach his goal.

“Every time that I needed anything, they were there,” he said.

Blue Ridge’s early application deadline for the Fall 2024 nursing program is Feb. 1, 2024. Qualified applicants within this application period are much more likely to secure a seat in the competitive program. More information about the program and application are available at www.blueridge.edu/nursing.