Fact: Blue Ridge Community College is the smart choice to help you reach your educational summit.
Do you know the number of different associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates offered at Blue Ridge Community College? Have you ever wondered how many students are currently enrolled across our programs and campuses? Find these statistics and many more below! They’re a snapshot of what makes Blue Ridge Community College so great. In other words, although they may be short, they’re sweet. We’re extremely proud of what these fast facts show:
- We welcome a variety of perspectives and intellectual pursuits, because diverse collaboration makes us stronger.
- With access to online courses, we provide clear pathways to higher education, new careers, and enriched skill sets.
- We offer low-cost tuition to help you overcome financial obstacles so that you can focus on your dreams.
- We house one of the largest continuing education programs in the state of North Carolina.
- And the list goes on!
Want to know more about our students—specifically, more about student achievement? Scroll to the bottom of the page for a link to our Student Success Reports.
Our Students (Fall 2018)
- Employed Full-time 17.70%
- Employed Part-time 37.77%
- Retired or Unemployed 44.53%
- Curriculum Students 2187
Student Demographics – Fall 2018
- Average Age 23
- Male 42.9%
- Female 57.1%
- Caucasian 76.22%
- Hispanic 12.12%
- African American 4.25%
- Other Ethnicities 7.4%
- Henderson County Residents 64.65%
- Transylvania County Residents 20.99%
Curriculum Enrollment – Fall 2018
- Degree-seeking students 1,348
- Diploma students 68
- Certificate students 121
- Career and College Promise students 613
- Special Credit students 63
- Early College students 157
Continuing Education Enrollment – Spring 2018
- Basic Skills 1066
- Customized Training Programs 594
- Occupational Extension 3446
- Occupational Self Supporting 302
- Human Resources Development 662
- Non-Occupational Self Supporting 995
- TOTAL 7065
Tuition and Costs – full-time in-state student
- Tuition (per semester) $912.00 (12 hours)
- Student Activity Fee $35.00
- Technology Fee $48.00
- Student Insurance $1.30
- TOTAL $996.30
Degrees of Study Offered – 2018-2019 Academic Year
- Associate Degrees 65
- Diplomas 33
- Certificates 107
- Articulation Transfer Programs 21
Distance Learning Courses – Fall 2018
- Online Courses Offered 146
- Hybrid Courses Offered 199
- Seated Courses Offered 319
Recent Enrollment Summaries
published by the Registrar’s Office
- Spring 2019
- Fall 2018