Thank you for participating in the social media community of Blue Ridge Community College. Our official social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube) are an important means of sharing and discussing College news, announcements, and safety information. The College encourages relevant and respectful interaction, discussion, comments, questions and criticism.
Social Media Community Standards
It is important to maintain College platforms that are appropriate for all visitors. Please remember that our social media accounts are also used by area students under the age of 18. Therefore, College operated social media platforms are moderated forums. Account managers with the Marketing and Communications Department reserve the right to delete comments, replies or other content and interactions, as well as report, block or ban users that violate these Social Media Community Standards. If a user comment is deleted or a user is blocked, the user may contact the Director of Marketing and Communications, Vice President of Advancement and Chief of Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org to appeal this decision.
To maintain a safe social media environment, please refrain from:
- Harassing, intimidating or threatening comments to another person
- Sexually harassing, lewd, bullying, harassing, or discriminatory content
- Profane or obscene language or content
- Repetitive comments and spam posts
- Comments unrelated to the topic or to the College community
- Comments that promote illegal activity
- Comments that incite violence or other action in violation of any federal or state anti-discrimination laws
- Comments that include false or defamatory information
- Information that is profane, slanderous, or defamatory against the College’s employees or students
- Posts that misrepresent or hide the poster’s identity, including impersonating others
- Comments that violate privacy or confidentiality
- Promotions of particular services, products, or political candidates or organizations
- Link to inappropriate or explicit websites
Additionally, Blue Ridge Community College is committed to making its electronic and information technologies accessible to all individuals. If you wish to report an issue related to the accessibility of any content on Blue Ridge Community College’s social media platforms, you may do so by submitting the Accessibility Feedback Form.
Thank you for your understanding and for being a part of our social media community!