Mission, Vision and Values
Blue Ridge Community College empowers individuals with knowledge and skills to enrich our communities and build a competitive workforce.
BRCC will continue to provide programs of excellence in academics and training that foster economic vitality in our community.
Our College will lead by example with our partners in business, industry, and education to improve the quality of life for the people we serve by:
- promoting instructional excellence in all program areas
- serving the lifelong learning needs for all citizens
- expanding and enhancing programs to meet the evolving needs of our community
- working closely with business and industry to train a competent workforce
- strengthening partnerships to advance the mission of the College
- enhancing customer service to all who come our way
- increasing the retention and success of our students
- increasing community awareness of the programs of the College
- infusing appropriate technologies for problem solving and enhanced program delivery
- developing a multi-culturally competent citizenry
- developing responsive and effective education programs
Student Success - We are committed to the success of our students by adhering to the highest levels of academic and professional standards.
Integrity - We demonstrate the ideals of honesty, fairness, and ethical behavior in all situations and circumstances.
Excellence - We are dedicated to continuous improvement and providing the highest quality teaching, training and service to our community.
Responsibility - We accept responsibility for our actions and decisions and are accountable to our students, communities, and the generations who come after us.
Adaptability - We are responsive and innovative when meeting the changing needs of our communities.
Mission Statement approved by the Board of Trustees March 13, 2000; Revised September 9, 2013
Vision Statement and Values Statements approved by the Board of Trustees September 9, 2019