Collision Repair and Refinishing Technology
What it is about
The Collision Repair and Refinishing Program prepares individuals to apply technical knowledge and skills to repair, reconstruct and finish automobile bodies, fenders, and external features. Topics include instruction in structure analysis, damage repair, non-structural analysis, mechanical and electrical components, plastics and adhesives, painting and refinishing techniques, and damage analysis and estimating.
Courses you will take
Course work may include transportation systems theory, braking systems, climate control, design parameters, drive trains, electrical/electronic systems, engine repair, engine performance, environmental regulations, materials, product finish, safety, steering/suspension, transmission/transaxles, and sustainable transportation, depending on the program major area chosen.
What you will gain
Graduates of this pathway should be prepared to take professional licensure exams, which correspond to certain programs of study, and to enter careers as entry-level technicians in the transportation industry.
Degrees, Diplomas & Certificates
|View Program Requirements for Degrees, Diplomas, & Certificates|
- Collision Repair and Refinishing Technology Associate in Applied Science Degree
- Collision Repair and Refinishing Technology Diploma
- Collision Repair and Refinishing – Insurance Estimating Certificate
- Collision Repair and Refinishing – Non-Structural Certificate
- Collision Repair and Refinishing – Structural Certificate