CCP College Transfer Pathways

CCP College Transfer Pathways provide eligible North Carolina high school juniors and seniors an opportunity to take transferable, tuition-free classes while still enrolled in high school.

Beginning with the Class of 2019, college transfer classes will carry the same weight as high school "AP" classes.

College Transfer Pathway Options

How to Qualify (for Juniors and Seniors)

How to Apply

How to Register

How to Maintain Eligibility

Important Links & Available Resources

Contact Us


College Transfer Pathway Options

Students may select from these College Transfer Pathways depending on their career choice:

Associate in Arts

Associate in Science

Associate in Engineering
Nursing Transfer

How to Qualify
(for Juniors and Seniors)

  • Have a weighted high school GPA of at least a 2.8 OR
  • Be “College Ready” in English, reading, and mathematics.
    “College Ready” is determined by PSAT, SAT, Pre-ACT, ACT, NC DAP, test scores from high school or by Blue Ridge placement test scores.

College Readiness Benchmarks:
Refer to page 23
CURRICULUM PROCEDURES REFERENCE MANUAL, Section 14-23, Career and College Promise, Revised 08/18/17:

View College Readiness Benchmarks

back to top ▲

 How to Apply

Please see: 

How Do I Apply for CCP?

  back to top ▲ 

How to Register

  • Search the online curriculum course schedule to locate the courses listed on your pathway.
  • Determine if the class is offered at a time that works with your schedule.
  • Notice that each class on the schedule is identified with a section number unique to the day/time the course is being offered.
    • College transfer, business, education, etc. classes are offered multiple times. Let the Blue Ridge Advisor know what day/time works for you.  View the online curriculum course schedule and send an email to the advisor with the course prefix (example: PSY), Course Number (example: 150), and section number (example: 001).
    • Online classes have a section number of 201, 202, 203, etc.
    • Evening classes have a section number 011, 012.
    • Transylvania County classes have a section number ending in 21 or 31. 
  • Provide your advisor with course prefix, course number, and section number (example: ENG 111 001) in order to register for the class.
  • The Blue Ridge Advisor will register you automatically once your paperwork is complete. 

  back to top ▲ 

How to Maintain Eligibility

  • Continue progressing toward high school graduation.
  • Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 in college coursework after completing two courses.
    Falling below the 2.0 GPA requires students to fulfill the College’s policy for satisfactory academic progress.

  back to top ▲ 

 View CCP Benefits

Classes from the College Transfer Pathways are part of the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement that sanctions the transfer of credits between the NC community colleges and NC public universities, as well as a number of independent colleges.

back to top ▲ 


Student Resources

smarthinking logo
BRCC Student Success Center logo
 Student Success Center



Career Counseling

Career Day

Student Recruit Student

back to top ▲ 

Summer Camps 

Summer Camps with welding, computer game, acting, film & video, entrepreneur and engineering icons

SUMMER Camps at Blue Ridge Community College 
for Middle and High School Students

Design. Fabricate. Weld.

A one-day introduction to the world of welding

For rising 9-12 graders

Shark Tank

Explore. Learn. Present.

A four-day camp introducing students to the world of entrepreneurship

For rising 9-12 graders

Game Creator

Create. Design. Play.

A four-day workshop for digital game creators

For rising 9-12 graders

Young Engineers Experience (YEE)

Solve. Explore. Experience.

A four-day STEM camp introducing students to the world of engineering

For rising 7-9 graders


See your ideas on the big screen!

A four-day filmmaking and acting camp

For rising 9-12 graders and 2019 graduates


back to top ▲

Course Requirements

BRCC Career and College Promise Pathways course requirements

 back to top ▲ 

Contact Us

High School Programs

Henderson County Campus

Rita Blythe
(828) 694-1817


Kirbey Farley
(828) 694-1655


Transylvania County Campus

Rob Rhodes
(828) 883-2520


Serving students in
Transylvania County Schools

Leanna Hall
(828) 243-3960



Important Links and Available Resources

back to top ▲