The Medical Assistant Prep Review Course is designed for individuals who have been performing work duties that align with the role of a Medical Assistant in the areas of Administrative, Clinical and Laboratory services. This course will prepare the individual to sit for the National CCMA Certification Exam with the National Healthcareer Association (NHA). Blue Ridge Community College is an approved NHA test site. The individual must currently be working as a Medical Assistant, or have worked as a Medical Assistant within the past 5 years. The individual must have a minimum of 1-year work experience.
1. The student must be 18 years old.
2. IDs required (names must match on both):
a. A Signed Social Security Card (paper card, non-laminated), or letter from Social Security Office stating that card has been requested.
b. Current Driver’s License or government-issued picture ID.
c. High school diploma or GED.
3. The student must provide a letter from an employer stating that they have worked as a Medical Assistant supervised in a healthcare setting for a minimum of one year. The letter must be documented on the employer’s letterhead.
4. Registration form completed during appointment.
5. A statement will be signed at registration to confirm that the student received and had an opportunity to review Student Handbook.
6. Course fees are due at the time of registration.
Blue Ridge Community College
Allied Health Program Office and Registration:
Chair of Allied Health Programs
Allied Health Program Specialist and Registration
Students enrolling in these programs must meet specific emotional, behavioral, physical, and cognitive standards. This information is found in Technical Standards. Students qualifying for special accommodations to these standards must contact Student Accessibility Services at (828) 694-1813 for more information.