Healthcare Billing and Coding
This course prepares the candidate for entry level healthcare billing and coding. Course topics include the role and responsibilities of the healthcare billing and coding position, managed health care, life cycle of an insurance claim, legal and regulatory considerations, coding regulations, re-imbursement issues, claim instructions, medical terminology, filing commercial claims, insurance terminology and plans.
Upon successful completion of the program, the student will be eligible to sit for the NHA National Certification Exam.
|For enrollment requirements:||For course schedule:|
|View Registration Information|| View Healthcare Billing and Coding
Must show proof at time of registration:
- The student must be 18 years old
- The student must have a high school diploma or GED
- The student must have a government issued picture ID or current driver's license.
- Signed social security card (cannot be laminated) or a letter from Social Security Office. Name must match picture ID.
- Completed registration form and the $266.30 registration fee. If a student officially withdraws from the course before the 10% point, 75% of the registration fee can be refunded. Please note: this does include the insurance, textbook and material fee.
Blue Ridge Community College
Allied Health Program Office
Erika Reinhardt-Roggow, RN, MS
Allied Health Program Coordinator
Allied Health Program Specialist and Registration