Blue Ridge Community College signs guaranteed admission agreement with Lees-McRae College
BRCC News | Published September 5, 2019
To make transferring to a four-year university from a two-year college an even more seamless transition, Blue Ridge Community College recently signed an articulation agreement with Lees-McRae College on September 5 ultimately guaranteeing admission to the four-year college for students who meet eligibility requirements.
Blue Ridge Vice President of Instruction Kathy Allen explained how this agreement simplifies the process for students and helps them achieve their educational goals.
Lees-McRae Vice President for Enrollment Management Erin Healey stated, “Opportunity happens when people put their minds together to create positive change. We are working to remove barriers and are dedicated to making education accessible to our communities. Partnering with Blue Ridge Community College allows students more options for reaching educational and life goals.”
The articulation agreement is unique in that it is a guaranteed admission agreement, meaning any Blue Ridge student who meets the eligibility requirements will be guaranteed admission into Lees-McRae.
Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains of western North Carolina, Lees-McRae College is a private, four-year college offering diverse baccalaureate and graduate degrees, strong athletic programs, and outstanding faculty. Field-specific career preparation and hands-on learning enhance the broad core curriculum.
Blue Ridge Community College is a comprehensive community college within the legislatively created North Carolina Community College System that serves Henderson and Transylvania Counties. Blue Ridge Community College empowers individuals with knowledge and skills to enrich our communities and build a competitive workforce.
Lees-McRae and Blue Ridge will create and administer a program on each Party’s campus called the Promise Program: A Direct-Entry Admission Program. The Program will allow currently enrolled Blue Ridge students a direct-entry pathway to Lees-McRae available upon graduation from Blue Ridge. Students who wish to participate in the Program must satisfy the following conditions:
- Be a currently enrolled student at Blue Ridge in a degree-seeking capacity
- Submit Lees-McRae application for admission and disciplinary forms by Lees-McRae deadlines
- Submit application fee or waiver and fulfill all commitment actions steps
- Be in good standing at Blue Ridge and other institutions attended
- Demonstrate good citizenship and conduct
- Earn and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 at Blue Ridge and a minimum GPA of 2.20 in their most recent term; and
- Earn an associate’s degree from Blue Ridge in a college transfer program or in an applied program for which an articulation agreement exists
- Enroll at Lees-McRae within one academic year (within the next two regular terms i.e. fall/spring semesters) of completion of the associate’s degree.
Lees-McRae President Lee King stated, “I am really thrilled with this new transfer agreement with Blue Ridge Community College. More and more students are starting their higher education at community colleges, and to make a seamless and simple transition from Blue Ridge to Lees-McRae is a best practice that puts students first. I look forward to welcoming many future generations of Blue Ridge students to our campus.”
For more information, visit https://www.blueridge.edu/.