WebAdvisor How Do I... ?
WebAdvisor is a real-time system that allows students to get their username and password to log in to student online accounts.
- Get your username from “I’m New to BRCC” link at bottom of WebAdvisor home page
- Follow first-time login steps
- Change password
WebAdvisor Login Information
If you are a new student, you can set your WebAdvisor, Moodle, Webmail and myBlueRidge password by following the steps outlined below:
If you are a returning student and have already set your password for your student accounts, then you will use the same password to log into myBlueRidge. If you have forgotten your login information see:
Please make sure you are using either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. WebAdvisor is not compatible with Internet Explorer or Safari, especially for the login process.
You must have a valid email address on file with the Registrar’s Office before proceeding!
1. Go to the BRCC homepage at www.blueridge.edu
2. Select the “WA” button
3. Once at the WebAdvisor home page, go to the bottom right and click “I’m new to BRCC”
4. The next page previews to you the four step process: click “OK”
5. Type in your last name AND either your social security number or student ID
6. The next screen will provide you with your username - be sure to write it down!
7. Beneath the username is a drop-down box to select your personal email
8. After hitting submit, please check your personal email account for the temporary password from “Datatel” - be sure to “copy” the password
9. Once the password is retrieved, you may then click “Log In” from the WebAdvisor home page
10. Enter your username and paste your temporary password
11. Once you are logged in
12. After submitting your information, you will be relocated to the WebAdvisor home page, and it should say “Welcome (Your Name)”
How to Log In to WebAdvisor - Returning Users
BRCC will never restrict access to students simply because you are no longer a BRCC student. As long as you still have a valid email address on file, you can still access your information.
However, if you have forgotten your login information, you may follow half of the process above to retrieve your username, or the entire four steps to reset your password as well.
Students who owe a monetary balance to the school, or are on disciplinary probation, will still be able to log in to WebAdvisor, but will not be able to access their information.