Campus Parking & Traffic Regulations
BRCC Police Officers and Public Safety personnel enforce the parking rules, issue citations for traffic offenses, and work motor vehicle accidents on Blue Ridge Community College campuses. Other State and local law enforcement agencies will also prosecute for violations of applicable laws on campus and assist with reports and enforcement when necessary. In case of accident, contact BRCC Police and Public Safety.
Employees, students and visitors are asked to park in designated parking places, obey posted parking and traffic signs, and observe flow-of-traffic arrows and “stop” markings painted on paved roads and lots.
Campus officers may issue citations for the following parking and traffic offenses:
- Parking in Unauthorized Areas including handicapped spaces and fire lanes
- Reckless driving
- Failure to yield to pedestrian
Students and employees must display a valid parking decal when parked on campus. Temporary handicapped decals, valid only on campus with BRCC Police and Public Safety, may be obtained from the Police and Public Safety Department. There is no cost for these decals, Decals must be displayed on the driver side, rear window, or bumper. If you have multiple vehicles, please sign up each of your vehicles that needs a decal.
Parking decals can be obtained in the following locations:
- Henderson County Campus - Bookstore located in the William D. Killian Building
- Transylvania County Campus - please see the BRCC resource officer
- Health Science Center students may visit either the Henderson County Campus or Transylvania County Campus to obtain a parking decal.
Please be prepared with the make, model, and license plate number of the vehicle.