Future Proof Your Career with Brighter Future Scholarships
Blue Ridge Community College can prepare you for a high-demand career, help you keep your skills current or save you tens of thousands of dollars with a variety of transfer pathways.
Brighter Future scholarships continue through Spring Semester 2023. Our students have a clear and affordable path that lifts all financial burdens of attending Blue Ridge Community College.
Who is eligible?
All full-time and part-time students may receive a Brighter Future scholarship if they meet the following criteria:
- be enrolled at Blue Ridge on the applicable published deadlines.
- a North Carolina resident for tuition purposes.
- DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) will be eligible for the Brighter Future scholarship but should work closely with the Financial Aid office.
- Assistance may be available for students taking eligible continuing education workforce training courses.
What does it cover?
Tuition, fees, and books.
- Students who choose to purchase books from a vendor other than the Blue Ridge Community College bookstore will not be reimbursed the cost of books from the Brighter Future scholarship. If students wish to have their book expenses covered using the Brighter Future scholarship, they will need to utilize the College Bookstore on the Blue Ridge Community College Henderson County Campus or Transylvania County Campus.
Students with financial need (determined by completion of the FAFSA) may be eligible for additional aid to help pay for expenses such as child care, supplies, and transportation.
New Students should:
- Complete residency determination through the North Carolina Residency Determination Service (RDS).
- Complete the online Application for Admission.
- Follow the additional steps listed below:
Spring Semester 2023
- Complete the 2022-2023 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid); use Blue Ridge code 009684.
- Submit the Brighter Future application.
- Register for classes no later than January 11, 2023.
- Please contact the Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your scholarship updated if you plan to take Spring 2023 classes.
Continuing Education student?
Taking a continuing education workforce training course, submit the scholarship application.
If you have any questions, contact us and ask about the Brighter Future scholarship:
Phone: (828) 694-1800
Text: (828) 600-4876
Visit us at one of our campuses:
Henderson County Campus One Stop
130 Eagles Reach Drive
Flat Rock, NC 28731
Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Transylvania County Campus Straus Building
45 Oak Park Dr.
Brevard, NC 28712
Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Important Note: Scholarship funds allocated to the Brighter Future program will be awarded only after applicants apply and register at Blue Ridge and complete a 2022-2023 FAFSA. These scholarship funds were made available to Blue Ridge Community College through the generosity of an anonymous donor. Some applicants will also qualify for the NC Longleaf Commitment Grant (2020-2022 high school graduates), Foundation scholarships, and other various sources. The Brighter Future Scholarship is a last-dollar program and the Financial Aid staff will evaluate eligibility for federal, state, and local grants prior to awarding a Brighter Future Scholarship.
Brighter Future Scholarships are contingent on available funding.