The Governor’s Emergency Education Relief (GEER) Scholarship Program provides scholarships for eligible community college workforce continuing education students pursuing high-demand workforce training programs within ten workforce pathways leading to a State or industry-recognized credential.
To be eligible for the $750 scholarship, a student must be a NC resident and enrolling in a 96-hour or more continuing education course leading to industry credentials. This scholarship will pay up front for registration, fees and books/material.
Eligible courses at Blue Ridge include the following:
- Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT)
- Basic Law Enforcement Training Plus
- EKG Technician
- Emergency Medical Responder Initial
- Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT)
- Healthcare Billing and Coding
- Industrial Maintenance I
- Masonry I
- Medical Assistant Entry Level
- Nurse Aide I
- Nurse Aide II
- Psychiatric Technician Level I