Human Resource Certification Course Schedule
To view course information and register online, search Human Resources at:
Register Online (CE)
Human Resource Certification Course Description
Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM)
Demonstrate Your HR Expertise and Gain Practical Skills
The Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) sanctions Blue Ridge Community College as an official SHRM college. Blue Ridge offers SHRM approved courses that prepare HR professionals for SHRM certifications.
Blue Ridge Community College courses equips HR professionals with the necessary tools to play a strategic role in their HR departments; stay abreast of ever-changing laws, innovative strategies, and current labor practices; and successfully manage HR departments based on four pillars of professional skills.
- Human Resources
- Continuous Improvement
Continuing Education Credits
Certified HR professionals are required to recertify their designation every three years.
As a Human Resource Certification Institute–approved provider, many of the courses offered through the Corporate Training Institute qualify for recertification credit.
Rather than college credit, participants earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for successful completion of each course.
The Future of HR is SHRM–Certified
Establish yourself as a globally–recognized human resource expert by earning the new standard in HR certification: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP). These professional certifications can open doors for professional advancement, serve to harmonize standards with changing expectations and signal to employers advanced professional development.
Ensure you’re prepared with our course designed for SHRM credential candidates. Expand and test your knowledge and practical, real-life competencies in areas critical for HR career success.
This intensive program combines expert instruction with the current SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP, so you will learn faster, retain more knowledge and stay on track for success on the exam.
Looking for more information on SHRM, its certifications or other Education Partners?
Explore SHRM’s website to learn more about the organization’s mission, industry outreach efforts and stay up-to-date on industry happenings.
SHRM Certifications (shrmcertification.org):
Find everything you need to know about the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP.
SHRM Education Partners:
Learn more about the 275+ Education Partners worldwide who offer SHRM cert prep courses.
Have a question or prefer to speak to a person?
Call M.C. Gaylord at (828) 694-1779.
Monday – Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. EST for live assistance.
Or email us at email@example.com
Why Enroll in Our Course?
Offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the curriculum provided in the current SHRM Learning System is designed by global subject matter experts and covers the entire SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™). Throughout the program HR professionals are encouraged to acquire the Competencies and Knowledge they’ll need to effectively perform their jobs and achieve career success. Our course is designed to help you learn and retain the material effectively and efficiently by combining the best exam preparation system with expert instruction and peer discussion.
Blue Ridge Community College’s Program offers you a preparation course to help meet your needs and increase your success on the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams.
Benefits To You
- An experienced, SHRM-certified instructor.
- The SHRM Learning System, historically ranked the #1 HR certification prep tool.
- Ability to acquire the knowledge and understand the behavioral competencies to help you prepare for the exam.
- A structured learning experience that keeps you on track.
- Opportunities to network and learn from your peers.
- Eligibility for tuition reimbursement.
- Earning up to 36 professional development credits (PDCs) if you are attending this program for professional development only.
Benefits To Your Employer
- It demonstrates that your HR professionals have mastered the application of HR technical and behavioral competencies.
- Certification prepares your HR staff to assume greater leadership roles and contribute to the strategic direction of your organization.
- Exam preparation helps HR professionals bring new ideas to your organization that will help drive success.
- It helps create a common HR language that optimizes consistency and effectiveness.
- Certification is relevant worldwide, as exams cover the new global SHRM BoCK™.
Who Should Enroll in Our Course?
Our certification preparation course is designed primarily for individuals seeking SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification. Certification is a great choice for HR professionals who want to:
- Increase their knowledge
- Advance their skills
- Earn recognition from the global community
To earn your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP you must meet specific educational and work experience criteria at the time you submit your application in order to be eligible to sit for the exam. For details on these requirements, visit www.shrmcertification.org/eligibility.
Advancing your career. For those not seeking certification, the SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP course provides a comprehensive and accelerated option for professional development. Participants gain a generalist viewpoint, refresh key ideas and concepts, strengthen their understanding of core HR competencies and increase productivity in the workplace.
Course Details and Options
Blue Ridge Community College courses are specifically tailored to meet the needs of adult learners. Courses are taught by SHRM-certified instructors experienced in the HR field. Students will be expected to complete all assigned readings; and activities prior to each class.
Classroom Sessions Include:
- A high-level review of course material
- Interactive discussions and learning activities focused on the practical application of HR competencies and knowledge
- Sample assessment questions
- Study and test taking tips
SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Exam Prep Course
This comprehensive review of SHRM Learning System materials covers the nine SHRM-developed HR Competencies. The HR Expertise competency is then addressed through in-depth coverage of 15 Functional areas under the four general headings of People, Organization, Workplace, and Strategy. This course prepares students to take either the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exams. Must register two weeks prior to class. Fee includes books and materials that will be provided to you.
August 30 – November 15, 2022
Tuesdays 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Ask about volume discounts or offering a program at your location. Contact MC Gaylord at 828-694-1779.
The SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP is comprised of five modules of study:
- HR Competencies
- Leadership & Navigation
- Ethical Practice
- Business Acumen
- Relationship Management
- Critical Evaluation
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness
- Talent Acquisition & Retention
- Employee Engagement
- Learning & Development
- Total Rewards
- Structure of the HR Function
- Organizational Effectiveness & Development
- Workforce Management
- Employee Relations
- Technology & Data
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Employment Law & Regulations (U.S. only)
- Business & HR Strategy
Continuing Education Program Specialist
Blue Ridge Community College
180 West Campus Dr.
Flat Rock, NC 28731
Phone: (828) 694-1779
Fax: (828) 694-4774