Environmental and Safety course can be customized to a company’s needs.
To view course information and register online, search Environmental at:
Register Online (CE)
- Blue Ridge Hazardous Materials Classes
- Wastewater Recertification
- Water & Wastewater Recertification
Blue Ridge Hazardous Materials Classes
24-Hour Moderate Risk HAZWOPER Online
OSHA–required training that meets the requirements of 29 CFR 1910.120 for HAZMAT technicians needing 24 hour Moderate Risk certification. All course work will be completed online.
to be announced
40-Hour HAZWOPER Hazardous Waste Operations — Hybrid Course
OSHA–required 40 hour HAZWOPER certification meeting the requirements of 29 CFR 1910.120 for hazardous waste-site personnel, supervisors, and managers. Students must complete all online course lessons and quizzes before participating in the hands-on session at Blue Ridge Community College campus. A required hands-on component and your final exam will be completed during the hands-on session at the College.
8-Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Online
OSHA–required refresher for students who have completed HAZWOPER 40 Hour and/or 24 Hour Spill Response certifications. Training as specified in 29 CFR 1910.120. All course work will be completed online.
to be announced
Additional Safety-Related Classes
- 8-Hour HAZWOPER
- 24-Hour Hazardous Materials Technician
- Incident Command — Waste Site Supervisor
- DOT Hazardous Material Awareness
Blue Ridge OSHA Classes
OSHA 10 for General Industry
The 10-hour Outreach program provides entry-level workers training on General Industry safety and health, such as Lock Out/Tag Out and Machine Guarding.
OSHA 30 for General Industry
The course is a comprehensive safety program for those in general industry. Devised for safety directors and field supervisors, the program provides complete information on OSHA compliance issues.
OSHA 10 for Construction
As an orientation for new workers and as a refresher for experience workers, this course focuses on the hazards associated with the construction industry.
OSHA 30 for Construction
The course is a comprehensive safety program for anyone involved in the construction industry. Designed for safety directors, foremen, and field supervisors, the program provides complete information on safety compliance issues.
Additional Safety Related Classes
- Developing an Effective Safety Program
- Fall Protection
- ForkLift Train the Trainer
- Hazard Communications
- Lock Out/Tag Out
- Machine Guarding
- Overhead Crane Safety
- Shock & Arc Flash Protection for Electrical Workers NFPA 70E
Wastewater Recertification Classes
Approved only for wastewater operators by NC DENR for 10 recertification hours.
- WW Treatment — Disinfect-Chlorine Online
- WW Treatment — Fixed Film Process Online
- WW Treatment — Pond Systems Online
- WW Treatment — Pollution Control Online
- WW Preliminary Treatment Online
- WW Primary Treatment Online
- WW Suspended Growth Systems Online
Water & Wastewater Recertification Classes
Approved for water and wastewater operators by NC DENR for 6 recertification hours.
- Basic Pump Hydraulics & Operating Conditions
- Electrical Fundamental
- Math Refresher Process Control
- Pump Types, Components and Repair
- Utility Cave-In Protection & Competent Person Training