Learn the skills to be prepared with the theoretical, technical and clinical skills needed to maintain equipment and provide patient care to those being treated for chronic renal diseases. You will also gain the skills for employment as a dialysis technician in hospitals, renal dialysis facilities, and clinics upon successful completion. After one year of work experience, you may be eligible to sit for national certification as a Clinical Hemodialysis Technician. You will be required to do a background check and drug screening set up by Davita Dialysis. You must also have a valid High school diploma or GED.
1. The student must be 18 years old.
2. Proof of required immunizations (see list below)
3. IDs required (names must match on both):
a. A Signed Social Security Card (paper card, non-laminated), or letter from Social Security Office stating that card has been requested.
b. Current Driver’s License or government-issued picture ID.
c. High school diploma or GED.
4. Registration form completed during appointment.
5. A statement will be signed at registration to confirm that the student received and had an opportunity to review Student Handbook.
6. Course fees are due at the time of registration.
Blue Ridge Community College
Allied Health Program Office and Registration:
Chair of Allied Health Programs
Allied Health Program Specialist and Registration
Students enrolling in these programs must meet specific emotional, behavioral, physical, and cognitive standards. This information is found in Technical Standards. Students qualifying for special accommodations to these standards must contact Disability Services at (828) 694-1813 for more information.