Nurse Aide I (NA I) Course
Registration Procedures for Nurse Aide I
1. Provide proof of medical requirements (see medical form).
2. The candidate will need to provide a valid driver’s license and/or government-issued picture ID:
- signed Social Security card (cannot be laminated) or letter from SS Office
- current driver’s license or government-issued picture ID
3. Submit complete registration form and $231.30 in registration fees, payable to Blue Ridge Community College.
These fees cannot be transferable to another course. If a student officially withdraws from the course before the 10% point, 75% of the registration fee can be refunded.
4. Financial Application forms can be picked up and returned at the Continuing Education office (with two letters of recommendation) by application schedule deadline.
Nurse Aide II (NA II) Course
To be paid at registration:
- Registration Fee: $231.30 (includes insurance and supply fee)
- Textbook available at the College Bookstore. Cost varies. Contact the College Bookstore at (828) 694-1720.
- ID Tag: $10 (available at the College Bookstore)
- Ceil Blue Scrubs: $30 (approx.)
Proof of immunity can be demonstrated with an official vaccination record or titer results.
Before enrolling in the program, students must show proof of immunity to the following:
- Tetanus (Booster required every 10 years)
- Varicella (2 doses) or titer
- Hepatitis B (Hepatitis B series must be initiated by the time of registration.)
This can be demonstrated with a 2-Step TB Skin Test (Test #1 and Test #2 placement must be separated by at least one week) or with a T-Spot blood test
- Influenza (if any part of the course will be held between Oct 1 – April 1)
If you have questions about medical prerequisites, please contact Heather Stewart, Allied Health Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (828) 694-1761.
Nurse Aide I Refresher Course
- Registration Information and Student Handbook – Nurse Aide I Refresher
- Registration Form – Nurse Aide I Refresher
This refresher course is designed for individuals who have had a previous listing on a state Nurse Aide Registry that has not been expired for greater than 4 years and wish to recertify. Upon successful completion of this course you will receive documentation for how to apply for the State Nurse Aide Competency Testing.
To be paid at registration:
- Registration Fee: $161.30 (includes insurance and supply fee)
Nurse Aide Program Registration Information
Nurse Aide Program has Specific Registration Dates/Times. Call for Details or View Allied Health Course Schedules
Blue Ridge Community College
Allied Health Program Office and Registration:
Allied Health Program Coordinator
Allied Health Program Specialist and Registration
Students enrolling in these programs must meet specific emotional, behavioral, physical, and cognitive standards. This information is found in Technical Standards. Students qualifying for special accommodations to these standards must contact Disability Services at (828) 694-1813 for more information.