This refresher course is designed for individuals who have met one of the following criteria:
- Had a previous listing on a state Nurse Aide Registry that has not been expired for more than 10 years
- Holds any state recognized health care credential
- Military health care training equivalent to Nurse Aide I training
Upon successful completion of this course students will receive documentation for how to apply for the State Nurse Aide Competency Testing.
1. Documented proof of one of the following:
a. A previous listing on the North Carolina Nurse Aide Registry (or another state Registry) that has not been expired for more than 10 years
b. Any state healthcare credential
c. Military healthcare training equivalent to Nurse Aide I training
2. IDs required (names must match on both):
a. A Signed Social Security Card (paper card, non-laminated), or letter from Social Security Office stating that card has been requested.
b. Current Driver’s License or government-issued picture ID.
c. American Heart Association CPR Card. If you need certification, please email AHA@blueridge.edu for information on schedule and cost.
3. Registration form completed during appointment.
4. A statement will be signed at registration to confirm that the student received and had an opportunity to review Student Handbook.
5. Course fees are due at the time of registration.
Nurse Aide Program Registration Information
Nurse Aide Program has Specific Registration Dates/Times. Call for Details or View Allied Health Course Schedules
Blue Ridge Community College
Allied Health Program Office and Registration:
Chair of Allied Health Programs
Allied Health Program Specialist and Registration
Students enrolling in these programs must meet specific emotional, behavioral, physical, and cognitive standards. This information is found in Technical Standards. Students qualifying for special accommodations to these standards must contact Disability Services at (828) 694-1813 for more information.