The Phlebotomist is trained on the techniques for obtaining blood samples for a variety of tests. This course will teach the process for obtaining, labeling and transporting blood specimens. Upon successful completion of the course, students are eligible to sit for the National Career Association (NHA) Exam. Blue Ridge Community College is an approved NHA test site.
1. The student must be 18 years old.
2. Proof of required immunizations (see list below)
3. IDs required (names must match on both):
a. A Signed Social Security Card (paper card, non-laminated), or letter from Social Security Office stating that card has been requested.
b. Current Driver’s License or government-issued picture ID.
c. High school diploma or GED.
4. Registration form completed during appointment.
5. A statement will be signed at registration to confirm that the student received and had an opportunity to review Student Handbook.
6. Course fees are due at the time of registration.
Please see required list below. In order to register for course, students must purchase a Viewpoint Health Portal and upload required immunizations. Once immunizations are fully approved, you may reach out to schedule an appointment for registration.
How to Create Health Portal
How to Upload Immunizations to Health Portal
Blue Ridge Community College
Allied Health Program Office and Registration:
Chair of Allied Health Programs
Allied Health Program Specialist and Registration
Students enrolling in these programs must meet specific emotional, behavioral, physical, and cognitive standards. This information is found in Technical Standards. Students qualifying for special accommodations to these standards must contact Disability Services at (828) 694-1813 for more information.