Henderson County Early College High School (HCECHS) is an innovative public high school partnership between Henderson County Public Schools and Blue Ridge Community College. Explore career options and earn college credits without the cost of tuition.
HCEC students attend high school on the BRCC campus while taking college classes at BRCC. The goal of HCEC is for its students to graduate with a high school diploma and two years of college transferable credit or an Associate’s degree in five years; all tuition free.
- Serves Henderson County students grades 9-13
- Located on the Blue Ridge Community College Henderson County Campus
- Allows students to graduate with a high school diploma and up to two years of transferable college credit or an associate degree in five years
- Saves thousands in college tuition
- Provides small classes with individual support to encourage academic success
Applications for rising freshmen are accepted each year in early spring.
Henderson County Early College High School is a North Carolina High School of Excellence.
For more information about Early College, visit:
Innovative High Schools Liaison