Improved Learning Access and Flexibility
Life happens, but that doesn’t mean it has to derail your educational goals. Blue Ridge offers students who cannot come to campus or prefer a flexible schedule a pathway for completing programs geared towards career training, job preparation, and college transfer.
Although the College’s popular college transfer programs (Associate in Arts and Associate in Science) are not available fully online, more than 50% of the credits can be obtained online. The college transfer programs provide clear pathways for students who want to earn a bachelor’s degree.
Blue Ridge Community College offers comprehensive service to those students who access course delivery online. Curriculum distance learning students are encouraged to access support services via the College website or by calling Student Services at (828) 694-1800 for individualized assistance.
Available Online Courses
For out-of-state students, Blue Ridge provides full disclosure of all Consumer Information, and specific information regarding State Authorization, including the Student Complaint policy for out of state online students.
Available Online Programs
Blue Ridge Community College offers an array of programs available fully online.
These include degree, diploma, and certificate options in:
Accounting and Finance
Banking and Finance
Marketing and Retailing
Available Online Training
- ed2go Online Courses
These courses are fully online and facilitated by nationwide instructors. Affordable education specific online courses are available in 6-week formats with 24 hour access.
- Law Enforcement
Blue Ridge Community College offers a selection of Law Enforcement training courses online.
For any student wishing to take an online course, you are required to complete the Student Online Learning Orientation (SOLO) before accessing your online course. The orientation only needs to be completed once to allow access to all current and future online courses.
Expectations for Online Students
Your success online is critical to us. The following expectations will help you stay actively engaged with your instructor, peers, and course work.
- Check the LMS grade book regularly and follow up with any questions.
- Use communication guidelines from instructors to ensure you are receiving critical announcements.
- Many instructors use an announcement discussion forum feature near the top of the course. Their course syllabi should indicate their preferred method for communication.
- Respond to all emails and communications from instructors within 1-2 business days.
- Track assignment due dates and make plans to complete them on-time.
- Follow the grading rubrics and all instructions for each assignment.
- Read feedback on assignments and make suggested changes to future assignments.
- This is important as it shows you are serious about improving your skills.
- Be present in the course at least four days a week (logging in, viewing material, submitting activities).
- Utilize the resources on campus when you need additional assistance in a subject or course (Student Success Center, Smarthinking online tutoring, Library, etc…).
- Our campus resources are FREE of charge for Blue Ridge students. Please take advantage of them.
Blue Ridge Community College Help Desk
Evenings & Weekends
24/7 Support (Toll Free)
Distance Learning Support
Director of Distance Learning
Distance Learning Specialist