These online Continuing Education Certificate Programs are comprised of 5 courses each 60 hours and 6 weeks in length and intended to provide expertise to individuals who are currently employed in law enforcement. These online courses can be taken individually for credit or all five for a certificate in Death Investigation.
The instructor will guide each student through the investigative process in which an investigator must know in order to properly deal with Basic Death Investigations, Forensic procedure, Major Case interviewing, Basic Crime reconstruction and Statement Analysis. Each course will contain case studies, forum discussions and written lectures.
- Purpose: provide continuing educational offerings to professionals working in criminal investigation to detect and provide the evidence needed to prosecute criminals.
- Entrance Requirements/ Prerequisites: currently employed in Law Enforcement or related field.
|CJC 9003||Basic Death Investigations||to be announced|
|CJC 9004||Forensic Procedures and Evidence||to be announced|
|CJC 9005||Major Case Interviewing||to be announced|
|CJC 9002||Basic Crime Reconstruction||to be announced|
|CJC 8979||Investigative Statement Analysis||to be announced|
Student Registration Information:
- North Carolina Sworn Officers tuition exemption applies.
- Out-of-state tuition is $180.00 per class
- All Law Enforcement Continuing Education students who will be registering for online classes must complete the online Student Information Form.
- Once you have completed and submitted the form, you will receive an email confirming your registration.
This process is not automatic and may take 1-2 business days to complete.
BLET QA / Instructional Specialist
CE Program Specialist / LE Support
Interim Dean of Public Safety Training