Check the Registration Dates webpage
for more information about registration and payment deadlines.
What is advising? How do I know what classes to choose?
Do you need to decide what classes to take? An appointment with your advisor can help you register for the classes you need and make sure your schedule works for you.
New Students: First Steps
- Apply Now
- Here are some important resources and things for you to know.
- We invite you to search our classes and see if there’s something you’d like to take:
View Course Schedule
- Transfer and Special Credit students will complete first semester advising with Luke Rose
- Associate in General Education Nursing students will complete first semester advising with Matt Gosselin
- All other students should follow the instructions below
Currently Enrolled Students
- All degree-seeking students are assigned an academic advisor.
- Schedule a one-on-one advising appointment, virtual or in-person, to learn about your program of study and get a head start with course selection.
- A 20-minute advising appointment is your opportunity to speak with a dedicated advisor and get registered for classes, using myBlueRidge.
Schedule and prepare for your first Advising Session
Download and access Watermark
Watermark (formerly Aviso) is an app you can download on your smartphone that will help you:
- Find out who is your academic advisor – academic advisors are usually a faculty member from your program of study.
- Locate your academic advisor’s office and find out office hours.
- Schedule a meeting with your advisor.
To download the Watermark student app, search for “Watermark Student” in your smart phone application store and download.
Access MyBlueRidge for Planning and Registering
myBlueRidge is a digital tool you and your advisor use to build an academic plan, register for classes, and check your grades.
Accessing myBlueRidge is as easy as 1-2-3.
- Using a current web browser, go to the Blue Ridge Community College website at www.blueridge.edu, and select “Students” from the top navigation panel.
- In the “Student Panel,” select “myBlueRidge.”
- Log in to myBlueRidge using the same username and password you use to log in to myCourses or your college webmail. Blue Ridge Community College username and password.
If you are new to Blue Ridge Community College or do not know your username or password refer to First Time Login instructions.
Use myBlueRidge to:
- Access the Course Catalog
- Build Your Plan
- View the timeline
- Add a course to your plan
- Register for a course
Know what courses are required for your program of study
- Your program information is available on myBlueRidge. See “How to use myBlueRidge for Student Planning and Registration” for help.
- Your advisor will finalize your educational plan and assist with registration.
- Additional programs of study (major) requirements can be found in the College Catalog.
- Transfer students can access transfer guides to university degree pathways here.
How do I sign up for classes?
All degree-seeking students are assigned an academic advisor. Schedule a one-on-one advising appointment, virtual or in-person, to learn about your program of study and get a head start with course selection. A 20-minute advising appointment is your opportunity to speak with a dedicated advisor and get registered for classes, using myBlueRidge.
Academic advisors will:
- Guide you in researching and choosing long-term educational and career goals.
- Connect you with career coaching and resources.
- Advise you on how many courses to take and when to take them.
- Set up a Course Plan in myBlueRidge, a list of advisor-approved courses which a student may register for, for the next semester.
To learn how to register for classes in myBlueRidge:
- Please see: Register for a course
- View “myBlueRidge: Planning and Registering” in the “Advising and Registration Orientation (ARO)” in myCourses
Student Advising and Registration Orientation (ARO)
View your “Advising and Registration Orientation (ARO)” in myCourses for answers to your questions about the student advising and registration process.
The student Advising & Registration Orientation (ARO) will prepare you to:
- Determine your academic goals, program of study, and upcoming semester courses.
- Use myBlueRidge to build an academic plan, register for classes, and check your grades.
- Use Watermark, an online and app-based communication tool, to help you identify and schedule a meeting with your advisor.
Upon completion of the course, once you complete all ARO activities and quizzes, you will be able to take the final one-question quiz to claim your ARO badge.