There is a difference between dropping and withdrawing from a course. For information regarding your best course of action, please read through the following information.
Curriculum Course Withdrawals
Blue Ridge Community College encourages all students to reach out to their instructor, advisor, or counselor before making the decision to withdraw. Courses that are withdrawn after the Census Date of the course are not eligible for refund.
Students may officially request to withdraw* from their current curriculum courses. However, before requesting a withdrawal, students must understand that a withdrawal may affect their eligibility for Financial Aid, which is determined by the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.
To find out if a withdrawal will impact your Financial Aid, please contact the Financial Aid Office at
(828) 694-1816 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Information to have Before Requesting the Withdrawal
- Your Name
- Your Student ID Number
- Your Email Address
- The Instructor’s Name
- The Instructor’s Email Address
- Course Department, Course Number, and Course Section Number (example: ACA-115-401W)
To initiate this process, please use the following DocuSign form, which will route to your instructor, the Registrar’s Office, and return to you once completed: Withdrawal Request Form
*Withdrawals requested after the 90% point of the course are processed according to the discretion of the course instructor. Please communicate with your instructor first to see if your withdrawal request is eligible for processing.
For additional information regarding this process, please contact the Registrar’s Office at (828) 694-1794.
Dropping a Course
Students are eligible to drop a course before the Census Date (or first 10%) of a course for the following refund opportunities:
- Courses that are dropped before the first day of a class are eligible for an 100% refund pending the student’s signature
- Courses that are dropped on or after the first day of a course through the course’s Census Date (the first 10% of class) are eligible for an 75% refund pending the student’s signature
Sink Building, Room 121