Are you a current or aspiring firefighter?
The Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) Foundation of North Carolina’s new Firefighter Stipend and Scholarship Program provides stipends of $500 per term or scholarships up to $1,000 for eligible Blue Ridge students pursuing NC Firefighter Certification courses or courses leading to an eligible associate degree!
- Emergency Management Training
- Fire and Rescue Course Schedules and Descriptions
- Henderson County Fire Academy
- Firefighter I & II
- Driver Operator
- Driver Operator/Aerials
- Technical Rescuer
- Fire Instructor (I & II)
- Fire Officer (I & II)
- Fire & Life Safety Educator (I, II, & III)
- Fire Inspector (I, II, & III)
Classes are designed to prepare students to become either a firefighter or a rescue technician. Skills learned will be for entry-level firefighter or rescue technician. There are also more advanced classes offered. Check the schedule for class dates.
- Rescue Technician
- Firefighter: $24,000 – $48,000
- Rescue Technician: $24,000 – $48,000
- IFSAC Accreditation
North Carolina Office of State Fire Marshal
These classes all meet or exceed the requirements as set forth by the North Carolina State Fire Marshal’s Office for each individual class.
Casey R. Silvers
Fire and Rescue Coordinator