Students who have completed course work at another college or university are encouraged to apply for transfer to Blue Ridge Community College. Explore the Programs of Study offered at Blue Ridge.
How to Apply
Visit the How to Apply webpage for step-by-step instructions to apply for admission to Blue Ridge Community College.
1. Ask about Financial Aid. Call or visit the campus Financial Aid Office.Financial Aid Opportunities
2. See your Academic Advisor. Contact Student Services at (828) 694-1800 or (828) 883-2520 (Transylvania County Campus).
About Transfer Credits
Credit from Regionally Accredited Colleges and Universities may be given for courses transferred from these institutions. To receive an evaluation, students must have an official copy of their transcripts to be sent directly to the Registrar’s Office.
Other Transfer Credits
Blue Ridge recognizes the following opportunities for awarding transfer credits:
1. College Board Advanced Placement Program
- College course credit may be granted to students who pass the Advanced Placement examinations.
- Learn how the AP Tests are accepted at Blue Ridge and how and when credit can be given.
2. College-Level Examination Program
- College course credit will be granted to students who participate in CLEP Subject Examinations and achieve the minimum passing score as recommended by the American Council on Education (ACE).
- Students must submit a CLEP transcript to the Student Services office for consideration.
- Learn more about credit for CLEP Tests.
3. Educational Experiences in the Armed Services
Servicemen and veterans may be awarded college credit for service schools they have attended. Contact the college transfer coordinator for more information.
4. Professional Certification
Blue Ridge Community College currently recognizes the Automotive Service Excellence certification (A.S.E.) and awards credit in the Automotive Technology curriculum program.
Need help planning and preparing for a career?
View the following link for a helpful tool:
North Carolina Career Clusters Guide
(828) 694-1800 or 883-2520
Henderson County Campus
Transylvania County Campus