This course provides advanced training for the currently listed Nurse Aide I enhancing specific skills needed when working in the home care setting. Topics include person-centered care, nutrition, hydration, patient and personal safety, mental health, dementia, behavioral changes, pain management, palliative care, and stress management. Upon completion, students are eligible for listing as a home care nurse aide with the North Carolina Nurse Aide Registry.
1. Documented proof of current NA I on North Carolina Registry.
2. IDs required (names must match on both):
a. A Signed Social Security Card (paper card, non-laminated), or letter from Social Security Office stating that card has been requested.
b. Current Driver’s License or government-issued picture ID.
c. Student must be 16 and a half years of age on or prior to the first day of class.
3. Registration form completed during appointment.
4. A statement will be signed at registration to confirm that the student received and had an opportunity to review Student Handbook.
5. Course fees are due at the time of registration.
Blue Ridge Community College
Allied Health Program Office and Registration:
Chair of Allied Health Programs
Allied Health Program Specialist and Registration
Students enrolling in these programs must meet specific emotional, behavioral, physical, and cognitive standards. This information is found in Technical Standards. Students qualifying for special accommodations to these standards must contact Disability Services at (828) 694-1813 for more information.