Earn while you Learn!
- Get paid full time—go to class 1 day/week and work 4 days/week
- Free college tuition
- Finish with a credential in your field and guaranteed job offer
Beginning Fall 2020, Blue Ridge will offer three tracks for Apprenticeship!
- Made in Henderson County (Manufacturing)
- Banking & Finance
- Automotive Repair
Check back soon for applications!
A new manufacturing apprenticeship program for graduating seniors lets students earn money and get experience for a job after completion. The program is a collaborative effort of Made in Henderson County partnership, Henderson County Public Schools, Blue Ridge Community College, the Henderson County Partnership for Economic Development and local industries working together in support of students.
- The program offers students a tuition-free mechatronics engineering certificate, earned over the course of three semesters.
- It is a registered North Carolina Apprenticeship with the N.C. Department of Commerce.
- Students will spend one day in the classroom at Blue Ridge Community College and the rest of the week working at one of the partner companies:
- Students will earn a competitive salary throughout the process and are guaranteed a job offer upon completion of the program.
Applications for the “Made in Henderson County Manufacturing Apprenticeship” will be available online at www.madeinhendersoncounty.com/apprenticeship.
Made in Henderson County is a coordinated effort established to enhance the connection between manufacturing businesses and the school system while telling the story of manufacturing, the products made here and the people who make them. Since 2012, HCPS and the Henderson County Partnership for Economic Development have brought career-building and workforce development training to local middle and high schoolers through Made in Henderson County industry tours that showcase manufacturing opportunities.